Pinterest drives revenue, Facestagram + more
Lots of articles related to the Module this week.
Remember this day. 551-day-old Instagram is worth $1 billion. 116-year-old New York Times Co.: $967 million.
— Dennis K. Berman (@dkberman) April 9, 2012
- It was announced yesterday that Facebook purchased Instagram for $1 billion. As was noted on Twitter yesterday in the above quote, Instagram isn’t that old. How can it be worth that much? Good explains why Facebook considers it that valuable.
- More on why Pinterest is so appealing to businesses. According to an article in VentureBeat, Pinterest drives more revenue per click than the other two big social networks.
- For those of you looking for more drilled down information and suggestions for LinkedIn (including some of the premium features), Social Media Examiner has a host of tips.
- eMarketer has an article on the global clickthrough rates of specific industries on Facebook. As you might expect, the ‘sexier’ industries (like entertainment) have the highest engagement.
- Research now indicates that your Facebook fans are your best customers – namely they are the ones most likely to consider, recommend or purchase your product.
- If you’re seriously considering running a Facebook ad campaign, then you’ll want to read this post on Slopefillers, which recaps a great presentation by WebTrends at the recent Snowcial event held at Heavenly.